Each year, Toyota sets goals that guide the actions of employees and leadership in order to materialize the company’s business vision. Called hoshins, these goals are directed by the TMC and developed with the support of the global (hoshin TMC), regional (Latin America and Caribbean) and national (TDB) leaders.
Throughout the 2017/2018 fiscal year, all goals proposed for Toyota do Brasil were achieved:
• Pursue sustainable growth by building a consolidated business strategy (product portfolio, production process, sales, engineering, and results).
• Maximize TDB profits, in line with the original plan.
• Strengthen our competitiveness in the global market through a stable operation with more productivity and flexibility.
• Improve the sustainability of the business in order to reduce the organization’s exposure to foreign exchange risk.
• Successfully lead the three product innovation projects defined for the year.
• Consolidate the basis for strengthening TDB’s business in pillars such as culture of safety; customer first; internal controls and governance; satisfaction and employees; and reinforcement of the Toyota Way.
• Modify working modes: business unit mindset; reinforcement of activities with value added and labor allocation; adaptation to the new regional structure.